For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA), the data controller is South London Export Club, whose office is at stated below.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, including:
- your name and job title
- contact information including email address
- details about your organisation, such as the nature of its business and the number of employees
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
- Information about your computer, including your IP address (where available), operating system and browser type, for system administration, and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- we may use the information to improve our activities, products and services
- we may periodically send promotional emails about events, campaigns, surveys, new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided
- we may send you newsletters of other regular news items
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; or
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Under the DPA, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you. You may exercise this right in accordance with the DPA. We may charge you a small fee (up to £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like to make a request, please write to:
Data Protection Officer
New South Quarter
23 Whitestone Way
Surrey England CR0 4WF United Kingdom
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.